Marian will be holding two Women's Technique workshops
Tuesday 26 August
Tuesday 2 September
7.30 - 8.45pm
at Chrystal Palace, 12 Chrystal St (off North Avon Rd) Richmond
$12 each or $20 for both
- if I can't make a movement by myself it is unlikely that I can easily be lead into it.
- within the tango I am more than a follower, I am a dancer.
- as a dancer I have capability to improve, fine-tune my technique, responsiveness and musicality.
- my primary connection is between myself and the floor.
While 'how you dance' is a personal thing there are systems that are useful.
Within the workshops we will look at:
- posture, axis and embrace.
- variations in position with your partner during the dance to maximise your fluidity between moves.
- how to dispose your weight around your axis.
- weight transference.
- the importance of musicality.
Suitable for all levels.
Men who would like to extend their general dance skills are also welcome.
Wear flat shoes if you have them or thick sock if you don't.
To book or enquire:
Marian 027 230 5370